problem help mee please (vog)

In dit forum staan de afgesloten onderwerpen uit Stel uw vraag als Gast.

Moderator: Moderatorteam

Gesloten
kajtekmajtek202
Infopolitie Gast

problem help mee please (vog)

Ongelezen bericht door kajtekmajtek202 »

Hello, help me

I have a question, is there any previous postponement of the conviction in the Netherlands?

I am a foreigner who made a small theft in the Netherlands. I know that there is a punishment card in Holadndia, I learned that small crime has been registered in files for 20 years. I have a big problem, because in my country I will be in the criminal record only at the same time as in the Netherlands, and for such a crime, after paying the fine in my country, the conviction disappears from the criminal record for a year. Since the act was committed in the Netherlands, the information in the register will be as long as in the Dutch recorder. In your country, even if you have a penalty card, you can get a VOG and be employed at work. As far as I know, you must wait 4 years, and even with a penalty card you will receive VOG. In my country I will not get a job for 20 years, because to obtain a document such as VOG, I must have a clean criminal record.

What should I do? Does the Ministry, or even the Queen, have the option of removing me from the files 20 years after lodging a complaint to the Tribunal?
As I said in the letter, I would describe the fact that I can not get a document such as VOG for my country, if I am in the register.

Please reply. Regards.
Pim
Blijvertje
Blijvertje

Re: problem help mee please (vog)

Ongelezen bericht door Pim »

If it was possible to clean your sheet by writing a letter to the Queen (or King) a VOG would be useless to others depending on a VOG.

So the answer is no. The Queen and King are not going to help you getting a VOG.

Next time think twice before you steal (twice).
kajtekmajtek202
Infopolitie Gast

Ongelezen bericht door kajtekmajtek202 »

In my country, I do not need a VOG only for clean criminal records to get a job.
If I had been in the Dutch criminal record for 20 years, I would not be able to work in my country for 20 years.
That's absurd, because in Holland I could work four years after the crime.
I thought that the relevant letters proving that I am not a citizen of the Netherlands, would help me remove Holadndia's offense from the registry. That crime in my country is removed after a year.
Stefan
Superlid
Superlid
Agent

Ongelezen bericht door Stefan »

I can't shake the feeling that your only surprise in this matter is that you will have a record in NL for 20 years. Is this something you do often in your home country, but don't really care as it's 'erased' after just one year? You can hardly expect the dutch government to fix your mistake by granting any sort of leniency, just because your own country has a rule in place that doesn't fit your life choices. I think you would be better off asking this question in your own country, as they are the ones with the rule in place.
Pim
Blijvertje
Blijvertje

Ongelezen bericht door Pim »

"That's absurd, because in Holland I could work four years after the crime"

I don't know how you mean this.
The only thing I can think of is that a VOG is granted for 5 years. So at a max of 5 years after the penalty you have to apply for a new VOG.

But if you apply for a new job during these 5 years and during the job interview you where asked if you ever came in contact with police or the justice departement you still have to answer "Yes". And from there on the interview ends.
Even before you have to supply a VOG to your new company.

And don't you need a new VOG when you switch from company?

Because you hand over the VOG to the conpany who demands a VOG, you can 't keep it during the 5 years for every next job interview during these 5 years.
Frans
Beheerder
Beheerder
Agent-BD
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 56

Ongelezen bericht door Frans »

kajtekmajtek202 schreef: 08 feb 2019, 15:04 In my country...
And that is where this story ends. You have a criminal record in The Netherlands. If you wanted to work HERE you could apply for a VOG after 4 or 5 years... BUT you want to work in your own country which has different laws. That law says (obviously) that if you have a criminal record for 20 years in The Netherlands, you can't apply for your county's VOG for 20 years.

If you need to write a letter to a King it would be to the King (or President) of your own country because he/she is the one that can change that rule where thiefs that steal in other countries can still get trusted jobs back home....

Or am i wrong?
Frans
Beheerder
frans@infopolitie.nl
Vent
Stamgast
Stamgast
Geslacht:

Ongelezen bericht door Vent »

Not sure it helps, but foreign nationals not residing in the Netherlands can request a Dutch VOG.

https://www.justis.nl/producten/vog/faq ... n-brp.aspx
Jan
Superlid
Superlid

Ongelezen bericht door Jan »

Just thinking loudly...Maybe you don't get problems at all ,while applying for a job in your own country, as long it is a "normal job". So for instance , if your ambition was to become a police officer (or similar) in your own country, you can probably indeed forget about it. While if your ambition was to become a carpenter, you might not even get a pre-work screening in the first place, and you live a happy life afterwards.
Having said this, I think it also depends on which country you are from , to understand better how things work in your country.
Soms zit ik hier Jan en dan denk ik: wat ben je toch een eigenwijs stuk vreten ook hè.
SWAT
24 uurs servicer
24 uurs servicer
Agent
Jurist/Advocaat
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 63

Ongelezen bericht door SWAT »

Dutch criminal records will not be shared with all countries, only if the country where you are born is a member of the European Community.
Stay safe out there.
Frans
Beheerder
Beheerder
Agent-BD
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 56

Ongelezen bericht door Frans »

SWAT schreef: 09 feb 2019, 01:07 is a member of the European Community.
If it is the country where his IP is coming from, it is... ;-)
Frans
Beheerder
frans@infopolitie.nl
Gesloten