Shoplifting criminal record

In dit forum staan de afgesloten onderwerpen uit Stel uw vraag als Gast.

Moderator: Moderatorteam

Gesloten
MartinF23
Infopolitie Gast

Shoplifting criminal record

Bericht door MartinF23 »

Hello. At first i would like to underline i am not any proud of my behave and i really regreet that...

But :( :( .. i stole some food and deos from shop when i had no food and no place to go in that time. I was homeless because of my employer. for 3 days there was no possibility for me to come back my country and i had to live IT further...
After that i was caught. Next i was in court and i received a fine that i have paid already.

The biggest problem is that i figure in criminal record . I can not go aby job in my country because i AM there. Any employer demands a clear criminal record.
What are my possibilites to clean IT ? Is IT event possible. I would never do that again. But i must live somehow:( :( :(
Help me people please

Pim
OnTroerend goed
OnTroerend goed
Agent
Roepnaam: Pim
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 53

Re: Shoplifting criminal record

Bericht door Pim »

That is not possible.
Either you have or don't have a clean criminal record.
It is two state: clean or not clean.
It is not three state: clean/not clean/cleaned.

Every employer should be able to trust people with a clean criminal record.

Also they ask new employees if they ever came in contact with "politie of justitie" (politie/justice/court) before.
Even if you cleaned your criminal record the answer to that question stayes the same...

Yes, you came in contact with: "politie of justitie".
‘Als een rommelig bureau een rommelig hoofd weerspiegelt, wat te denken van een leeg bureau?’ Getekend: A. Einstein

thijeleo
Beheerder
Beheerder
Agent
Roepnaam: Leo
Twitter: thijeleo
Facebook: leotenthije
Linkedin: thijeleo
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 63

Bericht door thijeleo »

Maybe this topic is of interest for you.

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=41359&p=515160#p515160
L.J.B. ten Thije-Boonkkamp
Forummaster

maestro
Deskundige
Deskundige
Jurist/Advocaat
Roepnaam: Mario
Geslacht:

Bericht door maestro »

Criminal records are in general not cleaned. As you can read in the topic theijeleo referred to, after 4 years you will still be able to get a police clearance form the Netherlands, but they will look at what your job will be and decide based on that to give you a police clearance or not. It is job specific and as a security guard for example you will have a bigger problem than as a hairdresser.
Wat er ook speelt in een land, laat het vooral de kinderen zijn. (Loesje)

MartinF23
Infopolitie Gast

Bericht door MartinF23 »

The problem is criminal record Has a range of full europe and VOG is only valid in Netherlands.
So even if i will be able to get VOG in NL i will be never able to work in Poland. In my country criminal record clears itself after the period expected for various crimes.
But i have been punished in Netherlands so in my Polish criminal record IT will be as long as it Has to be in Netherlands( 20 years if im right).
In Poland there is no VOG . Its just criminal record. Its a big pain because even a murderer will have better situation in my country than me, because he will be clean after 10 years.
Im after politechnice with higher education but noone will hire me because of that.
I just stole some food when i had nothing to eat. So... That is the justice.

maestro
Deskundige
Deskundige
Jurist/Advocaat
Geslacht:

Bericht door maestro »

You are reffering to European Criminal Record Information System (ECRIS), under which if you commit a crime in another memberstate the home memberstate must be notified. Then there is no way to get it cleared if Poland doesn't has a VOG-like procedure. and only a factual criminal record check.

But I do find it strange that you were taken to court which seems to have been done in a hurry. Did you get a copy of the verdict and it said "rechtbank"?

MateuszF23
Infopolitie Gast

Bericht door MateuszF23 »

Well... Maybe i will save a bag of money working on construction and ill try to start as architect in Netherlands. Do you think i could receive a VOG in my profession?
I also wonder if my education is valid in NL ( i have finished with a master of sciensce last year on pt in Białystok, Poland)

maestro
Deskundige
Deskundige
Jurist/Advocaat
Geslacht:

Bericht door maestro »

An architect doesn't need a VOG. But even when you do need one, you would probably get it. It would be a problem for things as working as a security guard or working at a bank.

There are regulations about accepting one's degree of another EU-country and normally it is not a problem.

Gesloten