Just a question

In dit gedeelte kunt u een vraag stellen. Vragen die zijn beantwoord worden gesloten en komen automatisch in het archief terecht. Kijk dus eerst even in het archief.

Moderator: Moderatorteam

Jimmychoo
Infopolitie Gast

Just a question

Bericht door Jimmychoo » 28 aug 2019, 16:29

Good morning

I have a question, I am born in Holland in the late 70's and still carry a Dutch passport but I been living abroad since the early 90's.

Now when I was in Holland as a child I wasn't always on the right side of the law and did a few stupid things and sentenced by a judge I did my time, paid my fines etc etc. I also had/have a few debts in Holland, and maybe a few things else.

I am hopefully in love and my soon to be wife lives in Bonaire and I live a few islands more nord on an English island. Now I really wanna go and see my Fiancé on her island bonaire, and I also need to go to Holland for a family reason.

Now here is my question, would it be possible for me to be stopped at the border either in Bonaire as it is a special gemeente of Holland, or when I go back to Holland can I be stopped at the border there. As I might have a few things open I truly can't remember, and as I said I have maybe a few debts open ( no government debts though).

Please please advise me on this matter.

Best regards
Jimmy

SWAT
Blijvertje
Blijvertje
Agent
Geslacht:
Leeftijd: 58
Contacteer:

Re: Just a question

Bericht door SWAT » 28 aug 2019, 23:52

Yes, you could be stopped at the border if there is a warrant for your arrest, and no, we cannot tell you if there is a warrant. You can contact the Dutch embassy or consulat to ask if you can enter Dutch territory freely with you dutch pasport.
If you have two nationality's it is possible that you Dutch pasport is not valid anymore.
In memoriam: Leonard Nimoy, live long and prosper

Jimmychoo
Infopolitie Gast

Bericht door Jimmychoo » 29 aug 2019, 00:09

If I have a warrant for my arrest for sure I will be stopped at the Dutch border, but does that mean the same for the bonairian border. And if I ain't got no government debts but do have debts can they stop me. I do have a Dutch passport as I stated before.

Jimmychoo
Infopolitie Gast

Bericht door Jimmychoo » 29 aug 2019, 02:33

Thanx swat,

So you is saying that I has to contact a Dutch embassy and ask them if I am on the radar yes or no, and they can inform me yes or no if I have a warrant open and if I could be picked up at the border.

Do the same rules apply for the Bonaire than for the Dutch border on mainland Holland.

Thanx for your answer.
Jimmy

Plaats reactie